International Women’s Day has a rich history dating back 108 years — the first glimpse of it was in 1909 when the Socialist Party of America celebrated 15,000 women who protested long work hours, low pay, and the lack of voting rights in New York City.
Today International Women’s Day (IWD) is dedicated to celebrating women’s achievements in the social, economic, cultural, and political spheres. The day, collectively founded by women, also brings attention to gender parity and women’s rights.
Below are inspirational quotes for women by women.
- “Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it.” Brene Brown
- “If you don’t see a clear path for what you want, sometimes you have to make it yourself.” Mindy Kaling
- “I think beauty comes from actually knowing who you are. That’s real beauty to me.” Ellen Degeneres
- “If there’s one thing I learned in life, it’s the power of using your voice.” Michelle Obama
- “Know what sparks the light in you so that you, in your own way, can illuminate the world.” Oprah Winfrey
- “If you truly pour your heart into what you believe in, even if it makes you vulnerable, amazing things can and will happen.” Emma Watson
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I’m possible.” Audrey Hepburn
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act; the rest is merely tenacity.” Amelia Earhart
- “One of the first steps to happiness is deciding that you want to be happy and knowing what that means.” Julia Roberts
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” J.K. Rowling
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” Lucille Ball
- “Where there is a woman, there is magic.” Ntozake Shange
- “I am grateful to be a woman. I must have done something great in another life.” Maya Angelou
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” Rosa Parks
- “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” Melinda Gates
Celebrate the women who have come before you and have inspired you to be who you are.
Are you doing the right things but not seeing the results? Schedule a free 30-minute Clarity call.