Sometimes, in business, we lose ourselves in the everyday rhythm of it. The Monday through Friday of running the business turns into “another day at the office”. Just like in our romantic relationships, it’s important to schedule that “date night” to keep the fire going and stay connected. Our businesses need Tender Loving Care, TLC. Here are five ideas to get some love going in your business.
- Invest in your company. What do you do with the profits of your business? Do you reinvest them in your company, or do they go towards a new pair of shoes or purse? Putting money back in your business is the best investment you can make; it can grow your business faster and become more efficient. For example, you could invest in software that will automate your business. Does your brand need tweaking? There are a number of ways you can reinvest in your business. Make sure they improve your business.
- Hire help. Are you still trying to do it all? Trying to wear all the hats takes you away from your genius. Even if you start by hiring an intern from a local college or a virtual assistant, you will be surprised at the difference it will make.
- Develop processes. In order to scale your business, you must have processes set in place. It’s hard to improve a business if you do a common task, such as onboarding a client, differently every time. Documenting your processes make them repeatable, they are easier to delegate, and you have a base line from which to improve them.
- Manage your stress. Stress is caused when things in your business aren’t as you would like them to be, i.e. an unrealistic customer deadline, inconsistent income or difficult finding the right employee. Take a deep breath and know you are exactly where you need to be. Ask yourself “what is my next best step in this situation?” and do it. Sometimes managing your stress is self-care. Book that massage, facial or yoga session. Plan a gal’s night out with your besties.
- Review your goals. At the beginning of every month, review your yearly, quarterly, monthly and weekly goals. Are you on track? If not, what adjustments need to be made? It’s about taking action, pausing and adjusting.
A little TLC goes a long way. Your business will thank you for it!
Are you doing the right things but not seeing the results? Schedule a free 30-minute Clarity call.