Gratitude is one of the highest and most empowering states you can achieve. Being grateful raises your vibration level and truly magnetizes you to attract more positive energy into your life.
When you are grateful you feel joyful, satisfied and filled with heartfelt appreciation for what you have received and continue to receive. You basically tell the universe, “Thank you, this is wonderful – send me more please!” The universe dutifully responds to your request by sending you even more reasons to be grateful. It must respond in this way; universal law demands it.
How do you become more grateful and therefore, attract more of what you truly want? These five practices are a good start. Choose one and practice it for 30 days.
- Express gratitude to others. This could be as easy a phone call, a text or a thank you note. Rarely do we receive cards any more. Imagine the smile on their face when they receive your note. Wow! Can you imagine the positive impact you would have on their day?
- Adopt the “gratitude is an attitude” lifestyle. Everyday write down five things you are grateful for and why you are grateful for that particular experience or thing. Just 15 minutes a day focusing on the things you’re grateful for will significantly increase your body’s natural antibodies. This can be done at the beginning or at the end of your day.
- Look for what you want to see vs. what you don’t want to see. Too often we go about our day waiting and expecting awful things to happen, or we expect to be disappointed. Some of us walk around saying, “I don’t like this, and this, and that….” and look for things that need changing. I wonder what your day would look like if you focused on what you did indeed want to see. “I like this, I like that…. oh, and I really love that!” You would be in a better a mood, smile more and see the good in all.
- Thank yourself. Gratitude doesn’t always need to be focused on what other people have done for you! Make sure you give yourself a thank-you for the healthy habits you’ve cultivated in your day and life, such as eating a balanced meal or giving yourself enough time for rest each night.
- Look for the silver linings. Even the most difficult times in our lives come with some benefit—you just have to look. Making a mistake teaches you a lesson. Being sick draws the attraction of family and friends. When things seem hard, ask yourself: What’s good about this situation?
Gratitude is a magical therapy. Start collecting the magic today. What are you most grateful for?
Are you doing the right things but not seeing the results? Schedule a free 30-minute Clarity call.