As you create your 2020 business strategy, social media should be one of the categories in your plan.
Social media is ever evolving. It can be a challenge to keep up with it, for sure. Most entrepreneurs get overwhelmed with social media. There are gurus out in the industry that suggest you be everywhere. You can follow this approach, of course. My suggestion is to have fun with the platforms you most love. You’ll be most successful with this approach and it will be easy for you.
A few things to ponder:
- To outsource or not to outsource. After you establish your social media strategy, it is important to decide whether you will be implementing the strategy, or will you outsource it to a subject matter expert.
- Consider increasing your budget. Social media channels have become increasingly competitive, especially Facebook and Instagram. To make the most of these platforms, consider increasing your budget. Platforms are improving the machine learning behind their advertising platforms, which at the end of the day helps you. Yes, you are paying for the ads and you are in essence paying for the data.
- Video, video, video. It’s important. Anyone watching more than 50% of a video is likely interested in your content and is more likely to buy.
- Plan out your 2020 calendar. Each month should have a theme and all posts are related to that theme. For example, October and November for me has been about your 2020 business strategy. Determine how often you want to post and implement a repurposing strategy to make it easy on you.
- Note all national holidays and see which of the holidays relate to your business and capitalize on them.
- Are you using hashtags? If not, start today. Hashtags are used to draw attention, to organize and to promote.
- Get more familiar with Pixels. Every social media platform that offers advertising has pixels, and these little snippets of code enable websites to share data with the social media providers to help inform advertising campaigns. Facebook’s Pixel, in particular, is incredibly powerful, and should be used with every campaign.
Whew! That was a mouth full. Develop a social media strategy for 2020, measure and adjust. Start with baby steps. Any ideas you would like to share?
Are you doing the right things but not seeing the results? Schedule a free 30-minute Clarity call.