What does it mean to dig deeper as an entrepreneur, athlete or professional?
This past Sunday was the Wimbledon men’s tennis final in London. One of my favorite tennis tournaments. You couldn’t ask for a better match between two of the best male tennis players, Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer.
It was a record five-hour match. I had breakfast and lunch by the television. I don’t know if I would have had the stamina to play that long without a nap! It was one of the best matches I’ve seen. I was at the edge of my seat the entire time.
I was cheering one minute and yelling “oh no” the next. It was gut wrenching at times. Even Mirka, Roger’s wife, covered her eyes during some of the match and Novak’s mom grasped her cross necklace with all her might. Both families wanted their sons and husbands to win so badly. OMG! There were times where I thought this is it; one more point and it’s over. But no! One of them would dig a little deeper and stayed alive. In the end, Novak won! Novak was asked what did it take for you to win? “I had to dig deeper. I problem solved, remained calm and kept believing.”
So, what does it mean to dig deeper? It means:
- Using your breath to keep you calm. Take deep belly breaths to get more oxygen to your brain and help you relax.
- Staying neutral. It’s easy to get pissed off and tell yourself “I knew this was going to happen,” blame someone else, feel defeated and deflated. Your best option is to remain neutral so you can access the best of you.
- Opening yourself to divine inspiration. Ask your higher self, the part of you that is all knowing, what is your best course of action. Remain silent and act on the message. Trust that you know.
- Believing in yourself. Your education and experiences have brought you to this moment for a reason. You are capable, deserving and enough. Believe it.
- Ask a different set of questions. The power is in the questions; ask “what” and “how” related questions.
I find that when we are forced to dig deeper, we do it. What if we had a mindset of digging deeper daily, imagine the innovations and leaps we would make in our business.
Are you doing the right things but not seeing the results? Schedule a free 30-minute Clarity call.