Many focused entrepreneurs value starting the day with exercise. I am one of them. For me, it’s yoga. I enjoy starting my day with a cup of hot water with lemon. While drinking it, I review my schedule and confirm the three most important actions that need to be completed. Once I’m clear on the flow of my day, I move on to practicing yoga. I love the way my body feels after a 30-minute practice. I’m reminded of the benefit of mindful breathing and how relaxing it can be.
Yoga is an ancient physical, mental and spiritual practice that originated in India. The word ‘yoga’ derives from Sanskrit and means to join or to unite, symbolizing the union of body and consciousness.
There are so many benefits to practicing yoga. Below are a few:
- Improves your flexibility. This is one of the first and most obvious benefits of yoga. Over time, you’ll notice a gradual loosening of your muscles.
- Increases your blood flow. The relaxation exercises can help your circulation, especially in your hands and feet.
- Helps you focus. An important component of yoga is focusing on the present through the use of your breath. Your breath is one the best tools to help with anxiety and stress.
- Improves your balance. Better balance means fewer falls.
- Helps you sleep deeper. Yoga can provide relief from the hustle and bustle of entrepreneurship. There’s nothing like a good night’s sleep.
Sometimes our days flow with ease and grace and then we have those crazy busy days that wear us out. Yoga is the tool that brings everything back into balance. Whether you start your day with yoga or end it, it’s an amazing practice on being present.
If you have never tried it, I encourage you to give it shot. All you need is a yoga mat and comfortable clothing you can stretch in. YouTube has all kinds of yoga workouts.
Do you have a favorite place you go to practice? Share it with us.
June 20th is International Day of Yoga. Many cities are hosting yoga festivals. Check your local listings.
Are you doing the right things but not seeing the results? Schedule a free 60-minute Clarity call.