Change and challenges are part of life, aren’t they?
What if we could effectively manage our response to stress and not merely survive but thrive in our fast-paced world?
What if there were something you could do right this minute to improve how centered, focused, and creative you are at work? As it turns out, there is, and you’re already doing it—breathing.
Below are two breathing techniques that I consider game-changers. I use these two techniques throughout my day.
Harmony Breath – (Alternate Nostril Breathing): Release fatigue and tension with this calming breath.
- Take the thumb of the right finger and close off the right nostril. Inhale deeply and slowly through the left nostril.
- Use the right pinkie finger to close off the left nostril and exhale slowly through the right nostril.
- Continue this alternate breathing for a minimum of three minutes, maximum 30 minutes. Also, a great option to do right before bed to calm a busy mind.
Focus Breath – Developed by Dr. Andrew Weil, called the 4-7-8. Use this technique to increase your focus.
- Breathe in through your nose for a count of four, feel your belly expanding.
- Hold that breath for a count of seven.
- Then, blow out through your mouth for a slow count of eight. If you can, put your tongue behind your bottom teeth and making a whooshing sound as you exhale.
Both of these techniques work because it allows the lungs to become fully charged with air, allowing more oxygen into the body and leading to a state of mental and physical calm. Here’s to bringing in more harmony and focus into your life.
Would love to hear what results you experience.
Are you doing the right things but not seeing the results? Schedule a free 60-minute Clarity call.