This past weekend I attended Notes School 101. A note is a loan secured by real estate. Buying and selling notes is an income stream within the real estate industry. It is a wealth strategy that my husband, Mitch, and I are pursuing. I learned what a note is, how to buy them, how to conduct due diligence and how to evaluate them, in essence the basics.
Throughout this three-day class, I learned business lessons that apply to any business. I found them so profound that I had to share them with you.
- You are paid the most when you are creative. As entrepreneurs, we spend most of our time creating unique products and services. This is our differentiator and deserve to be paid for it.
- It’s not what you know. It’s what your client knows after talking to them. Always be giving value.
- The market will change, and your reinvention will be a necessity. You want to keep on top of what is happening in your market and adjust. Be proactive.
- Your business is a reflection of your journey. As a business owner when you look at your business you are looking at a reflection of who you are. Your business will reveal the state of your inner world. As you created it; it reveals you.
- Some of your business can be associated with a process. Some other parts are based on intuition and creativity. Know the difference and act accordingly.
I walked away with more wisdom than I could have imagined. Which one is your favorite from above?
Are you doing the right things but not seeing the results? Schedule a free 60-minute Clarity call.